Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sometimes It Happens to the Best of Us

Yeah! The third email! It seems to brighten my week every time I hear from her!!!

Dear Family,

Week 3!! What on earth has happened to the time? It's so exciting to be making progress and getting ready to get out to the mission and walk the walk! 

This week we had a new district come into our branch this week. Four sisters and one elder going to New Calidonia. Yeah, where is that anyway? It's a country off the southeast coast of Australia. I'd never heard of it before. (And one of the sisters loves to run, yaaaaayayayayaya!)

So the other day we went on our weekly temple walk and had a great time walking on the grounds and being outside. So Beautiful. I'd thought I'd have a little bit of fun by telling the new sisters about how there's one light pole on the walkway up to the temple that is wobbly. I figured it out the first week when Soeur Tippett and I were leaving the temple and I half-heartedly put a little bit of weight on it and the pole fell off balance--it scared me so bad and I was still laughing about it!

However, when I went to show them what happened this week, I might've exerted a bit more energy because the pole fell ALL THE WAY OVER. I just squeeled in shock as it layed on the ground of the grass and I just BUSTED up laughing so hard. Wow, really? I felt like such a spaz. And in front of the new missionaries! Hahaha. Don't worry, I told the temple workers about it before even Thinking about posting these pictures.

But let's just say that I'm now 'that sister who vaulted the light pole on temple grounds.' Well, I never cease to entertain..

This past week was our first week in TRC teaching church members in french. It was Absolutely THE BEST. Soeur Tippett and I ended up teaching two elderly brethren who were just the sweeeetest to talk to. They told us all about their missions to France and Italy. When we began sharing our message with them about strengthening their foundations in Christ, we asked them what they could do to more fully center theirs lives in Christ. Their responces were, of course, mind blowing and I began to wonder Who Was Teaching This Lesson?? I needed to take some serious notes! 

Frere Turner began telling us about how his family has a plaque in their house that reads, "Our Home is Center Around Jesus Christ." And then he began explaining how important it was so important for them to represent the family name--and represent it well.

As I looked down at my name tag, I read the words, "Soeur HOPKINS." I realized how wonderful it was for me to represent this name to all who I meet. They may not know me by my first name, but they will know me for my family's. I took the opportunity to share this thought with our two friends. It was such a wonderful moment to express my gratitude for bearing the name of my family and the name of Christ at this time. It was the BEST experience.

So, the elders told us about something called 'Narnia Holes' where people hide secret treasures. Some of them are found behind light switches, plugs, and various spots. So we got so super excited to find some in our room, but I guess the sisters don't get much into that. :( Oh well....

Each week, we all laugh about what our 'weekly' emails probably sound like to our families. It's super hard pounding out the most detailed, personal letters to everyone we send them to. Sorry if my emails end up sounding something like this...

"So this week was AwSOME. I LOVED it. I had so much fun hahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHahahahahahah #lololololololol LOLOLOLOLOLOL." 
But really, my apologies. 

I love you all and hope you have the best of weeks!!!

Soeur Bronte Hopkins


Bronte and her district! 


Bronte and her adorable companion Sister Tippett


The district...again


Hey! I've been there! Missionaries walk to the Provo Temple on Sundays


Our beautiful spaz breaking church property!! 



She couldn't get over the fact that she actually broke it!


Looking for "Narnia Holes"...weird missionary things...seriously 



Alright here's the story about these pictures. So when Bronte was about to leave to go to the MTC I went all Mama Bear on her and told her that she needed to pick up some protein bars just in case the food at the MTC was gross or she got tired of it. Well I thought she would pick the yummy chocolate peanut butter ones that you can't even tell they are healthy for you but no Bronte was picky. So I suggested these blueberry bars and she bought them and she has reported that they are DISGUSTING! Not only have a laughed about it but I told her to share one to her companion and I am so glad she did. Their faces are priceless! Hehe 


And now she she is sharing the disgusting bars with the rest of the sisters. Way to make friends Bronte!!

Lots of love,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment